(or spring, healthy granola snack recipe that will light up your day)
One day I randomly tasted this refreshing recipe with granola at café Pastis in Belgrade’s Dorcol area (great cafe with great waiter!). Then I tried it again at Passenger (again in Dorcol) and I liked it so much, that I decided to do make it myself.
It turns out that this nice, refreshing and crisp, healthy “sweet” can be made in less than 5 minutes and it doesn’t require a lot of culinary super powers 😉
All you need is:
- Greek (neutral) yogurt
- a banana and/or any other fruit (here I threw in an apple and a banana, a little strange choice perhaps, but really tasty)
- honey (this time from a Greek monastery)
- crunchy i.e. granola muesli
- plus a glass/es and, of course, the scoop on hand to eat as soon as possible 🙂
– For one cup, pour about 1 teaspoon of honey into a glass
– Then add a large spoonful of Greek yoghurt
– Chop half a banana
– And/or for some other fruits
– Add little more Greek cream
– And finally add crunchy granola muesli on top
And there it is! Yummy, yummy, your granola sweet is ready!
By the way, granola is a mix of flakes and nuts with honey (and some oil) which is baked in the oven and is very easy to make. I didn’t bake my granola, I bought some already made, because my oven is out of function for some time now, but you can easily make yours if your oven is in a better condition. Take your favorite cereal (oatmeal, barley, cornflakes etc.), mix it with nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, unsalted cashew nuts (yum, yum!), pistachios, coconut) and add dry fruits at the end so they don’t melt (raisins, apricots, pineapple, figs, cranberries, etc., etc.). You can add some seeds if you like (sesame, sunflower, flax) or even add chocolate powder or chocolate chips in cooled flakes. So – mix flakes, honey, cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar (all optional), oil (any – sunflower, olive, etc.) bake it in the oven until it turns goldish and – voila! Your granola is ready!